Friday, December 9, 2016

First Line Fridays


Happy Friday!  I hope everyone had a lovely week.  Has it gotten cold where you live?  It is super chilly here today, and I think that winter and Jack Frost have finally come to stay.  Do you enjoy the cold weather?  I confess I prefer the sunny days of summer where I can wear my flip-flops and coconut scented perfume.  :)  However, cold weather does bring toasty fires and hot cocoa with it--so it is all good in the end.  :) 

It's time for another first line from a Christmas book I recently purchased.  I try to always read a Christmas book or two this time of the year.  Please be sure to check out the book lines from these other amazing bloggers too:

Sydney from Singing Librarian  
Rachel from Bookworm Mama 
Beth from Faithfully Bookish  
Andi from Radiant Light  
 

Click the links above to be taken to their posts and...
If you would like to join us, send Carrie a message and let her know!

​Grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line!

Today I am going to post a line from:
 
One Enchanted Christmas 
by Melissa Tagg 
 
  
And the first line is...
 
"Once upon a time--specifically, last December--author Maren Grant had what she thought might be the most perfect night of her life."  
 
  Happy reading and have a fabulous Friday! 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I loved One Enchanted Christmas! Mine is: "Wounded soldiers returned from war as heroes. Wounded nurses returned as old maids." From The Thorn Healer by Pepper Basham.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very interesting thought--I've been reading Bad Day for a Bombshell, so I've been thinking a lot about World War 2 lately.

      Delete
  2. "Jane Fairmont Bell sat alone in the keeper's lodge she had once shared with her husband." - The Innkeeper of Ivy Hill by Julie Klassen. I am hoping to read One Enchanted Christmas soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pre-orderd this book, and it came in the mail yesterday! I can't wait to read it! What an interesting opening line...where is the husband?

      Delete
  3. I almost stepped on it.
    ~Ordinary Snowflakes by Jennifer Rodewald

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's FINALLY cold here! Like, today. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have a little heater that sits next to my desk---I had to turn it on today. :)

      Delete
  5. Reagan McAdams had been gone more than a decade when Rachel resurrected her.

    I'm reading my editor Robin Patchen's new book, Convenient Lies.
    Your blog is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My book this week is Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me and the first line from Chapter 24 'Now What?' is:

    "The degree to which David has deviated from L. Ron Hubbard's management directives since he took power in the 1980s has had several consequences that I don't think he ever predicted."

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...that sounds intense. Consequences always follow our choices and actions--sometimes it would be nice to know what those are before we made the mistakes.

      Delete