Friday, July 16, 2021

First Line Fridays


Grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line!

Today I am going to post a line from: 

  The Cracked Spine
by Paige Shelton


And the first line is...

"'Oh, um,' I said, mostly involuntarily as I lost my balance.  I reached up for a bar to grab, but there wasn't one there.  It was on the side panel instead, next to the door that opened in what seemed like the wrong direction."  

Happy reading and happy Friday!   

       
Let me know your first line in the comments & then head over to 
Hoarding Books to see who else is participating! 







3 comments:

  1. My first line is from the new one by Carrie Stuart Parks, Woman in Shadow:
    “Why are those dogs barking?” I pointed across the wooden picnic table toward two obviously upset canines yelping nearby.
    Fabulous book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds interesting! I love reading books about bookshops :) My first line is from Jody Hedlund’s Come Back to Me. “Your father’s in a coma.” Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love cozy mysteries and this one looks good!

    ReplyDelete