Friday, September 21, 2018

First Line Fridays


I know many of you are at the American Christian Fiction Writers Conference this week--have bunches of fun for me!  Everyone's pictures on Instagram are fantastic, and it looks like a beautiful venue.  :) 

For this week's FLF, I saw this book advertised on the Hallmark channel, and thought it looked interesting.  Several of the Hallmark books seem to be based on the movies, or perhaps that is the other way around.  :)  However, I don't think there is a film for this book.  So before I start reading Christmas books, I think I will check this one out.  Happy reading! 

Grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line!

Today I am going to post a line from: 

  Sunrise Cabin 
by Stacey Donovan



And the first line is...

"Of all the things Paige loved about the little cabin, the view of the sunrise was her favorite."  

Happy reading and happy Friday!   

Let me know your first line in the comments & then head over to Hoarding Books  to see who else is participating! 








14 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! My first line is from "Rebecca's Legacy" by Betty Thomason Owens:

    "Are you crazy? My father's going to kill me."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sentence reminds me of a line that Ariel said in The Little Mermaid. :) Happy reading Becky!

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday!😊

    My first lines come from Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane by JoAnn Ross.....


    Life, as Aiden Mannion knew firsthand, could be dangerous. Anything could happen. You could be hit by a taxi while sightseeing in Times Square. Run headfirst into a tree while shushing down a diamond run pretending you were Bode Miller.

    Have a great weekend and Happy Fall!💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! That sounds awful! Happy reading Susan!

      Delete
  3. Hi Heather. Like you, I'm not at ACFW conference. Maybe next year. On my blog, I'm featuring Karen Witemeyer's novella, "The Love Knot." Since I'm still reading it, I will share the first lines in Chapter 7. "Claire pushed away from the paddock fence when she saw Pieter exit the station house. Her heart ached with yearning at the sight of him. She still loved him. Desperately. But she wouldn't pledge her life to a man until she was certain of him." I wish you a relaxing fall weekend. Cooler weather has finally arrived in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one day I will make it to the ACFW conference. :) Happy fall and happy reading Anneliese!

      Delete
  4. Happy Friday! My first line is from The Lady of Bolton Hill by Elizabeth Camden.

    PROLOGUE

    Baltimore, Maryland, 1867

    "Come on, boy. Your dad needs you."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The synopsis for this book sounds so interesting--lovely cover. Happy reading Caryl!

      Delete
  5. I’m featuring lines from A.K. MacBride’s upcoming release Shattered on my blog.

    Here, I’m sharing lines from Rachael Brownell’s Chasing Fate. It’s my quirky blind date with a book this month.

    ”What do you mean, you quit your job?”

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great first line! What comes next?! :) Happy reading Janine!

      Delete
  6. What a pretty cover! I’m sharing from a Christmas novella on my blog. Here I’ll share from Belle: An Amish Retelling of Beauty and the Beast by Sarah Price:

    “Sunflowers always made Belle happy. Very happy.”

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas novella!! So exciting! Happy reading Yvette!

      Delete
  7. The book I shared this week is Freedom's Light by Colleen Coble but I'm currently reading an ARC of The Liberty Bride by MaryLu Tyndall so I'll share the first line here: "What would it feel like to drown…to float listlessly down… down… beneath the chilled waters of the Atlantic?" I can honestly say I don't want to find out! Hope you have a great weekend with lots of reading time! :)

    ReplyDelete