Monday, September 19, 2016

CBN Europe Devotional


Check out my new devotional, Be Still Daily, that was published today on CBN Europe's website.  
Here is the article:

“Be still and know that I am God.”  Psalm 46:10

Do you ever take a moment to pause and pray?  Do you ever stop to thank the Lord for His continual blessings?  I know there are moments in my life where I suddenly become overwhelmed by the goodness of my God.  He has given me so much!

One of my favorite verses is Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know that I Am God."  This art of "being still" can be very complicated to understand at times.  In life, we are pulled in so many different directions, and whether you have a job, or are a student, or even a stay at home mom, the workload is never done.  When is there ever time to "be still?"

Yet I know the Lord desires--in fact, commands us to "be still."  He knew that our lives were going to be crazy, and that everyday something else would draw our attention away from Him.  Therefore, He wants us to pause throughout our busy day in order to listen to His still small voice.  He is waiting to talk to us, and the only way He can do that is for us to "be still."

Personally, Jesus Christ has given me so much.  I can look back over the years, and I see His hand in my life.  I see the moments He walked with me through the storms of life, and I knew He would never leave me.  I also see the wonderful times spent with my family and friends.  He kept His promises throughout the tough times and gave me special moments and memories too—not because I am so wonderful—but because my Heavenly Father loves me.  Knowing and trying to understand His love is such a humbling thought.

Today I took the time to "be still," because I really wanted to focus my attention on the Lord and His goodness.  God's love is perfect.  He loves us far more than we could ever love Him, and I cannot even begin to fathom His great love.  Yet, I am so grateful for His grace in my life.  Anything I have ever achieved in my life, any opportunity that has come my way, is only because of His strength and goodness.

So please, take a moment today to consider all of God's goodness.  And then take the time to "be still," as you remember what the Lord has done for you, and the grace He has bestowed upon your life.  It is incredible to consider how precious we are in God's sight; therefore, I want to make time to thank Him for His blessings, while continuing to "be still" in His presence each and every day of my life.  

by: Heather Snyder, M.A. 



 Thank you so much for your support!  Happy reading!  



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful devotion, Heather! And so timely, with all the "goings on" of the holiday season. Congrats on the publication -- so nice to see this happen for someone as positive and uplifting as you are! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete