Friday, April 2, 2021

First Line Fridays


Grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line!

Today I am going to post a line from: 

  Wyndcross
by Martha Keyes


And the first line is...

"Kate Matcham thumbed the threadbare crimson reticule sitting in her lap, feeling the reassuring presence of the letter inside."

Happy reading and happy Friday!   

       
Let me know your first line in the comments & then head over to 
Hoarding Books to see who else is participating! 





3 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!
    I'm sharing the first line from Night Fall by Nancy Mehl: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2021/04/02/first-line-friday-178/. I'm currently on chapter 2, so I'll share from there.
    "Logan had listened closely to the detective from Kansas City, but he'd had to fight to stay focused."
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! 🙂❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday and Easter Weekend!

    Over on my blog I am sharing the first line from A Dark Beauty from Clarissa Kae.

    "In the very center of London, the late summer sun burned the morning mist off Georgiana's slate roofs."

    https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/2021/04/first-line-friday-dark-beauty.html

    Have a lovely weekend! ❤✝📚

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first line is from Hope Between the Pages by Pepper Basham
    “ Any story that begins with a library is bound to be an excellent tale.”

    ReplyDelete