Friday, April 24, 2020

First Line Fridays


Grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line!

Today I am going to post a line from: 

  The Vintage Teacup Club
by Vanessa Greene



And the first line is...

Prologue 

Jenny

"Gold-edged, delicate, almost translucent--four perfect teacups sit on four perfect saucers and a small and shapely teapot gleams in between them."  

 Happy reading and happy Friday!   

        Let me know your first line in the comments & then head over to Hoarding Books to see                                                                  who else is participating!  






11 comments:

  1. My first line is from chapter 6 of One Hundred Valleys by Bonnie Leon:
    The Indians had kept moving, but Emmalin held on to the rifle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very intense first line! Happy reading Paula!

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday! My first line is from "Collateral Damage" by Lynette Eason:

    "Sergeant First Class Asher James stared at Captain Phillip Newell, sure that he'd heard wrong."

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my blog I shared a line from The Captured Bride by Michelle Griep
    "It ain't right, You ain't right"

    Have an awesome weekend!
    https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Michelle Griep's books--happy reading!

      Delete
  4. What an interesting title! I'll have to look into that book. I hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie! Have a lovely weekend too and happy reading!

      Delete
  5. Happy Friday!
    On my blog I'm sharing from Being Known by Robin Jones Gunn. It's such an EXCELLENT story. Currently, I'm reading Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner. I'm just getting into chapter 2 so I'll share a line from there.
    "Meemaw? Are you home?"
    Hope you have a great weekend. Happy reading! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! Have a great weekend too and happy reading!

      Delete
  6. Isn't it interesting how new words get introduced and eventually written into books, such as selfie?! :) Happy reading Jolene!

    ReplyDelete