Friday, April 3, 2020

First Line Fridays


Grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line!

Today I am going to post a line from: 

  The Fifth Avenue Story Society
by Rachel Hauck



And the first line is...

August in Manhattan 

"Well this was a fine mess.  Spending the night in Central Booking for instigating a fight at a wedding reception.  What was he thinking?" 

Happy reading and happy Friday!   

        Let me know your first line in the comments & then head over to Hoarding Books to see                                                                  who else is participating!  







12 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! 🙂
    I'm currently reading Dead End by Nancy Mehl. I'm halfway through and I'm loving it so much. I'm on chapter 23, so I'll share from there:
    "Before Noah and Kaely left the restaurant, Noah called Chief Sawyer and told him about the note given to Kenny."
    Hope you have a great weekend filled with awesome reading time. 😊❤📖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! My first line is from "A Latte Difficulty" by Angela Ruth Strong:

    "Black is a good color for coffee, not bridesmaid dresses."

    ReplyDelete
  3. My book this week is Dead End by Nancy Mehl
    Chief of Police Everett Sawyer stood over the body they’d just dug up in the old rail yard north of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! Today I'm sharing the first lines from The Piper's Pursuit by Melanie Dickerson: "Did Katerina dare to stay out hunting past dark?"

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2020/04/first-line-fridays-pipers-pursuit-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m currently reading Mission Hollywood by Michelle Keener. I’m on chapter 29 so I’ll share that first line. “Lily spent New Year’s Day at home, while her dad and Noah went to the church to start work on preparations for the block party.” I hope you have a great weekend of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday!
    Today on my blog I shared the first line from Before I Called You Mine by Nicole Deese but I just started reading The Joy of Falling by Lindsay Harrel so I'll share the first line from chapter 3 here: "Few places reminded her more of Brent than the Saturday-morning farmers market." Hope you have a great weekend with some quality reading time :)

    ReplyDelete