Friday, March 8, 2019

First Line Fridays


Hope everyone is having a great March thus far--what books have you been enjoying this month?  I recently joined Kindle Unlimited, so it has been nice to discover some new works I might not have noticed otherwise.  This week's FLF is one such book; however, I do own the first book in the series.  :)  Isn't it so crazy how you sometimes forget to continue reading a particular series?  What series of books do you hope to finish soon?  Let me know in the comments below--happy reading friends!

Grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line!

Today I am going to post a line from: 

  My Brother's Bride     
                                                                        by Rachel Anderson 



And the first line is...

"Music pervaded the crowded ballroom, carrying couples through the steps of the quadrille, while onlookers clustered around the dancers, talking, laughing, sipping drinks, and observing." 

Happy reading and happy Friday!   

Let me know your first line in the comments & then head over to Hoarding Books  to see who else is participating! 








11 comments:

  1. Happy Friday and Weekend! My first line is from "Castle on the Rise" by Kristy Cambron:

    "Fairy-tale weddings never included rain on the guest list. Or snow - and they had both."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, how true that line is! Can't I just live in a Hallmark movie? :) Happy reading Becky!

      Delete
  2. My first line comes from Almost Home by Valerie Fraser Luesse -- Anna Williams leaned out the truck window and let the wind blow her damp auburn hair away from her face.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna and I have something in common...we both have auburn hair...haha. Happy reading Beckie!

      Delete
  3. My first line is from Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan:

    "From the very beginning it was the Great Lion who brought us together."

    Happy reading!

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/03/first-line-fridays-becoming-mrs-lewis.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this book, and I love that first line! Simply beautiful--happy reading!

      Delete
  4. I’m sharing from Katherine Wentworth by D.E. Stevenson on my blog today. Here’s a semi-random sentence from the e-book page I’m on:

    “All around us were the rolling hills, one behind the other as far as eye could see; they were like huge green billows in a rough Atlantic gale, which had suddenly frozen into a state of immobility. Later they would be clad in heather, purple as the robes of a king.”

    Happy reading and have a wonderful Friday and Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great line..."clad in heather." :) I know--it's always so difficult to find a page number on a Kindle--happy reading Yvette!

      Delete
  5. Sorry I didn't make it around earlier this weekend! This week on my blog I featured Night Road by Kristin Hannah but I'm currently reading Finally Accepted by Toni Shiloh. I'll share the first line from my current chapter (6) here: "Chloe sat out on her apartment deck with a cup of herbal tea and her Bible." Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if it's supposed to be funny, but this first line made me laugh. :) Happy reading Nicole!

    ReplyDelete