Friday, August 6, 2021

First Line Fridays


Grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line!

Today I am going to post a line from: 

  A Proper Scoundrel 
by Esther Hatch
       

    And the first line is...

"There were two types of men who walked through the door of Diana Bsrton's office on Rochester Street--legitimate men of business and those who utterly wasted her time.  Mr. Broadsheet was one of the latter and the worst of the lot."

Happy reading and happy Friday!   

       
Let me know your first line in the comments & then head over to 
Hoarding Books to see who else is participating! 




5 comments:

  1. I love the title! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first line is from To Write a Wrong by Jen Turano:
    March 1887. New York City
    There was not a shadow of doubt left in Miss Daphne Beekman’s mind that her days as a successful novelist were numbere

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing this one around. It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete