Thursday, April 4, 2019

Sunshine Blogger Award


Hello friends!  I am so excited and honored to announce that my good friend Savanna Kaiser nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!  This news made my day, because it is always so lovely to know that others love my blog as much as I do and understand all the hard work I put into it.

Blogging for these last four years has been so wonderful, because it has given me the incredible opportunity to connect with other individuals who love books and enjoy the reading and writing process too.  This community of bloggers is so special, and I am so grateful to the Lord to work with each of them, and I cannot wait to embrace new literary adventures in the future!  Happy reading! 

Sunshine Blogger Award Rules 

  1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
  2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
  3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
  4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.

My Answers to the 11 Questions from Savanna 


What (or who) inspired you to start blogging?

I had just finished graduate school at Liberty University, and I was looking to figure out my next step in the writing world.  I found out about a local writing conference, so I decided to attend, and I met a new friend there, Natalie Monk.  It was such an incredible weekend, and I learned so much!  In one of the sessions, one of the preliminary bits of advice to begin your writing journey was to start a blog.  :)  

How has blogging changed your life overall?

Where do I begin?  It has changed so much!  The Lord has opened so many doors and allowed me to meet so many amazing people I would never have known--unless I was a blogger.  From Daily Megaphone to First Line Fridays and book reviews, it has been a pleasure to get to know the Christian writing community.  

What has been your favorite read of 2019 so far?

Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan 

The reason I have enjoyed this book so much is because I traveled to Oxford, England in college in order to study the life and works of C.S. Lewis.  There were so many places mentioned in this book that I had been to, and it was great to see another story connected to this great literary author told through the perspective of his wife.  

What is one of your favorite songs?

My favorite song is "Sacred Hideaway" by the group 4Him.  The words to this song helped me to learn about a God who I could run to during times of trouble.  In fact, this song led me to accepting Christ as my Savior in 1997.  

If you could take a vacation anywhere, what destination would you choose?

Well, the answer to this question used to be England, but since I have already been there, I would pick either Italy or Japan.  Italy for the amazing food and history, and Japan for the many Japanese friends I have known through the years.  When I was younger, we used to host Japanese home-stay students, so I have always wanted to visit their country.  

When you aren’t reading or blogging, what are you most likely to be doing?

Thinking about reading or blogging?  No, I am just kidding.  Usually I am watching some of my favorite British TV shows like Downton Abbey or Endeavor--another show 
set in Oxford.  :)

What would you say is the easiest part about being a writer and what is the hardest part?

I think the easiest part is coming up with ideas, but the hardest part is putting those ideas down on paper.  That is probably what most would say though.  I love it when I can write with abandon and the story just flows quickly and wonderfully, but then there are those times when you just cannot come up with anything.  Inspiration seems to have left the building, but I know it is so important to keep going.  Thankfully, inspiration always comes back, and I think prayer has a lot to do with that.  

Who inspired your love of reading?

My family!  My parents and my grandparents read classic stories and the Bible to me when I was young, and because of that, I learned to read at age four.  :)  

What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?

Take good care of yourself in order to know and understand your body better--this advice is tied to my medical journey.  Be in charge of your own health so you can speak confidently with your healthcare team. 

What was your favorite book as a child?

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain 

My grandmother used to read me these stories, which of course led to my favorite movie growing up--Tom and Huck.  :)  

Of all the blog posts you’ve written, which is your favorite? Please post the link.

This is such a difficult question to answer!  Probably one of my favorite posts is a book review I did for Cindy Vincent, and it was when I was first introduced to her wonderful books: The Case of the Crafty Christmas Crooks - My Review  Since I love Christmas, mysteries, and animals, this book was the perfect addition to my library.  :)  I highly recommend checking out Cindy's books--she has become another dear friend in my blogging journey.  :)  


I Nominate these 11 Bloggers/Authors













The Questions for My Nominees 

1. What (or who) inspired you to become a blogger? 
2. What is your favorite genre to read? 
3. What has been your favorite book in 2019 thus far?
4. If you could take a vacation anywhere, what destination would you choose and why?
5. Who inspired your love of reading?
6. What was your favorite book as a child?
7. What is one of your favorite songs? 
8. What do you love most about blogging? 
9. Has blogging brought any unforeseen challenges or difficulties? 
10. What advice would you give to other bloggers? 
11. Of all the blog posts you’ve written, which is your favorite? Please post the link.






No comments:

Post a Comment