Friday, July 5, 2019

First Line Fridays


In lieu of the 4th of July, I wanted to highlight a seasonal book today.  Did anyone ever read the Berenstain Bears books?  They were always so good!  So here is a first line from one of their stories.  Happy reading friends!  

Grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line!

Today I am going to post a line from: 

  God Bless Our Country 
by Mike Berenstain



And the first line is...

"It was a beautiful early summer afternoon in Bear Country.  Bees were busily buzzing in their hives and cowbells clunked over at Farmer Ben's farm as milking time drew near.  Brother, Sister, and Honey Bear were busy too.  School was out and the first big event of summer vacation was coming up--the Bear Country Fourth of July Parade."

Happy reading and happy Friday!   

        Let me know your first line in the comments & then head over to Hoarding Books to see                                                                  who else is participating!  







12 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! My first line is from "Risking Love" by Toni Shiloh:

    "Welcome to The Maple...Pit."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED the Berenstain Bear books! I’m currently reading Hello Again by Heather Tullis and the first line is “Piper listened as the Croods avoided being squashed or eaten by a bevy or prehistoric animals.” I’m about halfway through and enjoying it so far! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that Ellie! The books we read as children were so amazing! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Happy 4th of July weekend!


    I'm sharing from Sing a New Song by Candee Fick on my blog, which is a fun contemporary romance. I've just started reading Across the Blue by Carrie Turansky, which is set in England in 1909. Here's the first line:

    "Isabella Grayson's shoes sank into the plush red carpet of Broadlands' south hall, and she released a soft sigh. What luxury!"

    Its about the early days of aviation, and I'm enjoying it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound like wonderful books--happy reading Iola!

      Delete
  4. I loved the Berenstain Bears growing up and was really interested to see their Living Lights series. Eleanor has quite a few of these and next time I am home I will have to dig out all of my original books. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an awesome plan Sarah! Happy reading!

      Delete
  5. My girls love the Berenstain Bears! I'm sharing the first lines from The Number of Love by Roseanna M. White: "The numbers marched across the page in a glory all their own." Have a great weekend and happy reading!

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/07/first-line-fridays-number-of-love-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Berenstain Bears! Thanks for reminding me :) Love your first lines. Mine is from The Austen Escape by Katherine Reay. I hope you can stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2019/07/first-lines-friday-7519.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete