Monday, November 5, 2018

The Spinster and I - Spotlight Book Tour


Series: The Spinster Chronicles
Genre:  Adult, New Adult, Romance
Publisher: Phase Publishing
Publication date: November 1, 2018
Poor, unfortunate Spinster…
Prudence Westfall, spinster, has unexpectedly had the greatest misfortune of all: she has inherited a fortune, and is now an heiress. But as a Spinster, and a stammering shy one, nothing could be worse than having a bevy of suitors pay her attention. Opportunity strikes at a house party when the most unlikely person offers the perfect solution.
Camden Vale is no gentleman, and he’s not prone to saving anyone, but something about Prue changes all that. When his offer to befriend her extends beyond the house party, and his feelings extend beyond expectation, no one is more surprised than he. Except, perhaps, for the other Spinsters, and they have much to say on the subject.
Rebecca Connolly writes romances, both period and contemporary, because she absolutely loves a good love story. She has been creating stories since childhood, and there are home videos to prove it! She started writing them down in elementary school and has never looked back. She currently lives in the Midwest, spends every spare moment away from her day job absorbed in her writing, and is a hot cocoa addict.
1. Who are some of your favorite Regency authors? Do these authors inspire your own writing?
I love Jen Geigle Johnson, Sarah Eden, Jennifer Moore, Elizabeth Johns… And I am constantly meeting more lovely writers who love the same ears I do! I am inspired by so many authors, but in my time period and outside of it! The best inspiration of all, though, has to be Jane Austen.
2. If you could go to tea with one of your characters, who would you go with and why?
Oh, I think I would want to go to tea with Charlotte Wright. She doesn’t hold anything back, and I bet she has some fantastic stories!
3. What inspired the idea for The Spinster and I?
I had created a group of spinsters that had gotten to that point in their lives for different reasons. This particular story starred a girl who was painfully shy and wanted nothing more than to remain unnoticed by the world, and I wanted someone to notice her in a way that would actually work for her. He just so happens to be the most unlikely candidate, which makes it so deliciously fun!
4. What did you as an author take away from writing The Spinster and I?
I think the biggest thing I took away was that we need to look beneath the surface in everyone. There is so much more to a person than what we can see.
5. What is your current WIP?  What can you tell us about it?
My current WIP is part of the Spinster Chronicles series, and I can tell you that it is a VERY interesting pairing, and it is set at Christmas!
                                             Enter the giveaway HERE.
                                      Giveaway is subject to policies HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment