Friday, November 16, 2018

First Line Fridays


Oh goodness, it is freezing here in the great state of Georgia!  How is the weather where you are?  Hopefully, if it is freezing there too, it is snowing.  :)  Snow always seems to make the cold weather better. 

I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope your month was lovely.  November was good for me, because I was able to watch dozens of Hallmark Christmas movies.  :)  Stay warm and happy reading! 

  Grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line!

Today I am going to post a line from: 

  Once Upon a Thanksgiving 
by Linda Ford and Winnie Griggs 



And the first line is...

Season of Bounty 
by Linda Ford 

Hopewell, Montana 

November 1890

"Kathleen Sanderson cracked open the door.  Before her stood a rough-looking man twisting a battered Statson in his hand." 

Happy reading and happy Friday!   

Let me know your first line in the comments & then head over to Hoarding Books  to see who else is participating! 
 







10 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! My first line is from “This Courageous Journey” by Misty M. Beller:

    “Today, we left the train – forever, if my aching limbs could decide the matter.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...forever...there is such finality in that word. This looks like a great book--happy reading Becky!

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday. 😃

    Today on my blog, I am sharing the first line from Gone Too Soon my Melody Carlson. So far, I am enjoying the book. I'm just starting chapter 4 in Gone Too Soon, so I will share it's first line here.

    "I don't think anyone observed me sneak out the backdoor."

    Hope you have an excellent weekend! 📚💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read several books by Melody Carlson, and they were all so good! This line made me laugh. :) Happy reading Nicole!

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday!

    Today, my first lines come from A Vineyard Christmas by Jean Stone...

    The turnout was better than Annie had expected. It was, after all, a bitter, see-your-breath kind of morning, with a brisk December wind whirling around Vineyard Sound.

    Have an awesome weekend and stay warm!😊💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! It has been so cold here! I'm so happy to see a Christmas book--happy reading!

      Delete
  4. I wonder if we'll get snow this year :)

    I am sharing the first sentence from the book Susie (Ray Rhodes, Jr), on my blog.
    I am on chapter six so I'll share its first line here.

    Before their first wedding anniversary, Susie and Charles faced a challenge that threatened to undo them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! What happened?! Great first line--happy reading Michelle!

      Delete
  5. Happy Friday! On my blog this week I shared the first line of Searching for You by Jody Hedlund but it's also my current read so I'll share the first line from my current chapter (8) here: " Sophie stretched and yawned, relishing the scent of bacon and coffee and something sweet." I'm good for the bacon but I have to admit I don't like coffee OR the smell of it (yes, I know I'm the odd-ball lol). Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like the perfect morning! And yes, I can drink the coffee for you--I love coffee! :) Happy reading Becca!

      Delete