Saturday, February 13, 2016

Book Recommendation

Today I was looking through some of my books, and I remembered a series that I fell in love with years ago.  It was the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke.  And it is just that--lovely.  The novels follow the lives of young pioneer families trying to make a life for themselves in the great unknown.  The stories are full of adventure, happiness, sorrow, romance, and growth for each individual.  As you see each man and woman trying to figure out life's different circumstances, they will eventually stop to consider the knowledge of those who came before them.  And that wisdom will promote progress regarding the decisions of each generation. 

These novels are a great fun read, and I love the fact that they are a series, because you are really able to connect with each character.  You get to follow their adventures and see their life's journey through each of these eight books.  I highly recommend reading the texts first, and then checking out the Hallmark films that correspond with each book.  Happy reading!!  










No comments:

Post a Comment