Saturday, January 9, 2016

New Goals for the New Year


I hope that everyone is having a great start to the new year!  Can you believe it is 2016?!  I must confess that 2015 was the fastest year I have ever experienced.  It just flew by!

One of my best friends from college got married last January, and it is so hard to believe that she and her husband will be celebrating their first anniversary this month.  I have to echo the statement I made on my Instagram--oh how the years go by.  Remember that song by Amy Grant?  I never truly understood those words until now.  If only time could slow down a bit.


With every January comes the list of new goals.  What are your goals this year?  I was watching a YouTube video the other day--a fellow book lover who lives in England--and she was talking about her book goal for the year.  She wants to read 100 books this year!  But let me first start by saying that she read 131 books in 2015!  That is so amazingly brilliant to me!  And I definitely want to set my own reading goal.  I usually try to read 2-3 books a month, but that is nothing compared to her goal.  I remember when I was younger, I used to read 50 books each summer, so hopefully I can achieve the same goal as an adult.  Therefore, I want to read 75 books this year, and I will keep you up to date on my progress.  If you have any book suggestions, please let me know.  Also, if you head over to her blog--Books and Things--you will see her list of books she read last year.  I will link her blog below:

               justbooksandthings.blogspot.com

What books do you want to read this year?  Do you have any book goals?  Let me know in the comments below, and then let's both try to achieve each and every goal we have for this year!   




No comments:

Post a Comment