Friday, September 4, 2015

Shakespeare

Here is a lovely poem from one of my favorite authors, Shakespeare.  You might remember Marianne Dashwood quoting it from the 1995 release of Sense and Sensibility. 


SONNET 116

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no; it is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests, and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
   If this be error and upon me proved,
   I never writ, nor no man ever loved. 


2 comments:

  1. I've always loved this poem! And I LOOOOOVE that version of Sense and Sensibility! I can't get enough of clean period dramas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree Natalie! :) Have you seen the sux hour version of Pride and Prejudice? The one where Colin Firth plays Mr. Darcy. He is just the perfect Mr. Darcy!

    ReplyDelete