Saturday, August 22, 2015

Summer Days

As the summer begins to come to a close, which is always sad for me because it is my favorite time of the year, there comes another time for reflecting back over the passing season.  What filled your days over the last few months?  Can you look back over that time with gladness knowing that you lived those days to their fullest?  Or do you look back with regret knowing the days could have been spent wiser?  

We all find ourselves considering these things at one time or another in our lives.  For me, I know that sometimes I wonder if I accomplished enough in a week, month, or even a year.  Did I do enough for others?  Did I work hard enough?  Did I accomplish my goals?  

For most, these types of questions may only come with the celebration of a new year.  Yet, I think it is important to take the time throughout the year to ponder these ideas.  I want to make sure that I am making every moment count and living my life to the fullest potential.  It doesn't mean that there won't be days that I fail at this, but I want to always remember that with failure comes knowledge--the knowledge to know how I can do better the next time.   

Thankfully, with the Lord's help I can do better over time.  His strength in me makes that possible.  Otherwise, I would never reach any of my goals.  His love, grace, and mercy can help each of us to live to our fullest potential, because He gave us certain gifts--gifts to use for His glory.  

Here are the words from another favorite song of mine:  More of You by Colton Dixon.  It is such a beautiful song, and I pray it encourages your heart as much as it has mine. 

I made my castle tall
I built up every wall
This is my kingdom and it needs to fall
I want You and no one else
Empty me of myself
Until the only thing that's left is

More of You
Less of me
Make me who I'm meant to be
You're all I want all I need
You're everything
Take it all I surrender
Be my king
God I choose
More of You
Less of me
More of You

This life I hold so close
Oh, God I let it go
I refuse to gain the world and lose my soul
So take it all I abandon everything I am You can have it
The only thing I need is

More of You
Less of me
Make me who I'm meant to be
You're all I want all I need
You're everything
Take it all I surrender
Be my king
God I choose
More of You
Less of me
More of You

What gifts can you use for Him today?   


No comments:

Post a Comment